Bulk Kerbside Collection
Did you know Shellharbour City Council offers an on-call Bulk Kerbside Collection?
You can arrange to have 2m3 ( 2m wide x 1m deep x 1m high) or 200kg of unwanted household items collected from your property (fees apply). Collections generally occur on the Wednesday of each week (Public Holidays excluded) at the discretion of the Harbour Cities team.
Additional tip fees apply for tyres and each mattress and ensemble base. Your fee is utilised to cover the cost of transporting your old mattress locally to Resource Recovery Australia where it will be recycled and saved from landfill. Please place tyres, mattresses, scrap metal and greenwaste in a seperate pile next to your general waste pile for easy removal.
For a list of items accepted as part of your Bulk Kerbside Collection click here.
Items that CAN be presented for your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Mattresses and Ensemble/Bases (legs and/or wheels removed)
additional fees apply
- Whitegoods and Hot Water Systems
doors, lids removed. Systems no larger than 1m wide by 1m high
- Timber Items
including doors, window frames [up to 2m in length]
- Tyres (Passenger Vehicle & Motorbike only)
additional fees apply
- Saleable Secondhand Goods
- Small Furniture Items & Appliances
chair, bedside table, lamp
- Baby Items & Toys
Pram, bassinet, stroller, baby bath, car seat and toys
- Garden Refuse, Tools & Equipment
Bagged lawn clippings, prunings, hose and pots
- Sporting Goods, Bikes & Camping Equipment
- Clothing & Shoes (unfit for charity)
Ensure clothing is bagged neatly
- Rugs & Carpet Scraps
Pieces must be less than 2m lengths
- Scrap Metal
Items must contain at least 70% metal
Items NOT accepted in your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Household Food Scraps
These items belong in your FOGO bin
Computers and computer peripherals, Televisions, Monitors etc
- Building Material or Commercial Waste
i.e. no asbestos, concrete, gyprock or bricks
- Sheet / Plate Glass or Mirrors
- Chemicals, Paints, Oils Batteries & Gas Bottles
These can be disposed of through Household Chemical CleanOut
- Items more than 2 metres in length
- Items too heavy for 2 people to easily lift
- Medical Waste or Syringes
- No Recyclables
These items belong in your Recycle Bin
You must pay for your Bulk Kerbside Collection by 2pm on the Monday prior to your scheduled collection.
If you do not pay, your booking will be cancelled and you will need to rebook.
This service can be booked online by clicking here.