Bulk Kerbside Collection
Residents can arrange to have 2m3 ( 2m wide x 1m high x 1m deep ) or 200kg of unwanted household items collected from their property. Collections generally occur on the Wednesday of each week (Public Holidays excluded) at the discretion of the Harbour Cities team.
If you have more than 2 cubic metres, you must book additional clean ups to cover the amount that you are presenting.
Tyres and mattresses do not form part of your 2m3 allocation (Waste Fees & Charges apply). Your old mattress will be transported locally to Resource Recovery Australia where it will be recycled and saved from landfill.
Please place tyres, mattresses, scrap metal and greenwaste in a seperate pile next to your general waste pile for easy removal.
Items that CAN be presented for your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Mattresses or Ensemble/Bases (legs and/or wheels removed - Fees apply)
- Tyres (Passenger Vehicle & Motorbike only - Fees apply)
- Whitegoods and Hot Water Systems
doors, lids removed. Systems no larger than 1m wide by 1m high
- Timber Items
including doors, window frames [up to 2m in length]
- Saleable Secondhand Goods
- Small Furniture Items & Appliances
chair, bedside table, lamp
- Baby Items & Toys
Pram, bassinet, stroller, baby bath, car seat and toys
- Garden Refuse, Tools & Equipment
Bagged lawn clippings, prunings, hoses and pots
- Sporting Goods, Bikes & Camping Equipment
- Clothing & Shoes (unfit for charity)
Ensure clothing is bagged neatly
- Rugs & Carpet Scraps
Pieces must be less than 2m lengths
- Scrap Metal
Items must contain at least 70% metal
Items NOT accepted in your Bulk Kerbside Collection include:
- Household Food Scraps
These items belong in your FOGO bin
Computers and computer peripherals, Televisions, Monitors etc can be taken to Dunmore directly for FREE recycling
- Building Material or Commercial Waste
i.e. no asbestos, concrete, gyprock or bricks
- Sheet / Plate Glass or Mirrors
These can be disposed of through Household Chemical CleanOut
- Paints, Oils Batteries & Gas Bottles
Can all be taken to Dunmore directly for FREE recycling
- Items more than 2 metres in length
- Items too heavy for 2 people to easily lift
- Medical Waste or Syringes
- No Recyclables
These items belong in your Recycle Bin. Alternatley recyclables can all be taken to Dunmore directly for FREE recycling
To ensure your Bulk Kerbside Collection materials are collected
- You must book your Bulk Kerbside Collection before placing your items out for pickup.
- Once booked, place items out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, but no more than 24 hours before
- Small Items to be placed in unwanted boxes or bags
- Place items out the front of your own property at your normal collection point for your bins
- Place all items neatly, off the road and footpaths
- If you have more than 2 cubic metres, you must book additional clean ups to cover the amount that you are presenting
- Do not place more than 2m3 (two cubic metres) of materials out for collection, which is approximately one small box trailer load
- Do not place items out more than 24 hours before the scheduled collection date.
- Do not place items out that are unsuitable for collection. They will NOT be collected. Check above for what you can and cannot place out for collection.
- Do not place Items that exceed two (2) metres in length and items must be light enough to be reasonably moved by two (2) people
- Do not place items out after the collection has taken place. We will not return
You must pay for your Bulk Kerbside Collection by 2pm on the Monday prior to your scheduled collection.
If you do not pay, your booking will be cancelled and you will need to rebook.